Wednesday 30 September 2015

Operation Theatre or Operation Room

             The Place nobody wants to go until you know the comfortableness in it. I was taken to the operation theatre nearly 13 times in the 63 days stay in bahrain and 2 times in the 13 days stay in India until now. I was getting very comfortable day to day because I felt better everyday & the nature of the People in there(OT). Most of us have the wrong impression about (OT) . I suggest don't afraid of operating theatre or operation room.

O.K. Let me explain the fixation for my hand in Operation theatre(OT).

I already explained the hand exploration done by emergency room(ER) doctors in my last post .Emergency-Room-ER

On 12 th may, a Doctor explained the situation happening.

1.          My both radial & ulnar artery in the forearm was damaged  by 15 cm. Vascular Surgery was done by taking the saphenous vein from the left leg and harvesting it into my right forearm,
Saphenous Vein
Saphenous Vein
2.          Both the Radius and Ulna bone was damaged by 15 cm. X-ray shows my radius was fractured in two places and ulna in one place. They fixed with nailing which is called K-wire. Another reason for fixing is because of the infection in the hand. Compound fracture was found. They cannot fix the hand until the infection will be removed.


Open Segmental Fracture Xray
Open Fracture Xray

3.          Due to the degloving of circumferential skin from elbow to wrist which is also infected they cannot do the plastic surgery in the hand.So they just did the dressing with gauze and POP.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment